I was never the kid that fantasized about being married and having kids. I didn’t plan a wedding, dream of my perfect husband, or envision living in a house with a white picket fence. My fantasies were about constant traveling, living in a large loft apartment, and being around people I loved but also having a lot of alone time.
I never said things like “When I have kids….”, it was always “If I get pregnant…”. Having kids wasn’t a goal of mine. I saw it as something that was expected of me, as if there was some sort of female prophecy I had to fulfill.
As I grew older and encountered certain life experiences I began to realize that marriage and children weren’t appealing to me in the least. Babies are amazing, precious gifts but not a gift that I’d actually want.
Why? For reasons that may seem selfish
- Children are time consuming, needy, and expensive
- Children need a stable home, patience, and constant attention
- I like to be alone often
- I like my living space to be a certain way
- I get annoyed easily by children
- I love babies but once they grow past two years old I can’t deal
- I love babysitting babies but I also love when I can give them back to their parents
Children aren’t a part of my near future but I know there are many people who want children and can’t have them. I’d definitely be interested in being an egg donor or surrogate. It would be my pleasure to help someone bring their child into this world (seeing others happiness makes me happy).
I just don’t see myself getting pregnant and having a child of my own. My pup Apple is my only child.